Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Memories

Over the time that I've been in TKD I've collected a lot of memories. This is one of the funnier ones that randomly came to my mind during Chemistry class:
I was six or seven years old, probably a yellow or blue belt, at an all-belts class. There were about 10 minutes left, so the instructor decided to have a little fun and let us have a go at him, one at a time. When I was that age, I was fearless; I thought that I could take out the biggest guys with all 60 lbs and 3 1/2 feet of me. When it was my turn to spar the instructor, my 6 year old mind thought that I could catch him off-guard by charging full-blast at him with a flying sidekick. Of course, with me being 3 1/2 feet tall, and him being almost 7 feet tall, that didn't quite work out. He ended up catching me in midair and holding me upside down by my ankles!
Heehee! Well, that's my entry for today, and if you don't learn anything else from this blog, remember to never charge your instructor with a flying sidekick; you'll just end up having all your blood rushing to your head! :)

1 comment:

taekwondomom said...

Hello Pam/Myst/TKDrocker--
I like your site! I'll bookmark you.

That story about being held upside down made me laugh! Nobody's done THAT to me yet! Maybe because I'm not 6 (though I am about a size 6 or maybe 4!) Geez, what we small persons have to go through.

taekwondomom