Thursday, September 15, 2005

First Wish Granted!

A couple of entries back I said that I wanted to spar an adult who was larger than me. Well, my wish came true tonight! I went to the half self-defense, half sparring class, and stayed for sparring, which is unusual for me. Max (an adult) was there, so I asked Mr. Coleman if I could spar him. He kind of looked at me for a second, then just said "no". I was disappointed. Especially when I ended up in a group of three with Max and Paulette, and Mr. Coleman told us to switch off from me and Paulette, to Paulette and Max. So I spar a couple of rounds with Paulette, and when I'm not sparring I stand to the side and watch. Mr. Coleman comes over and tousles my hair (actually, I was wearing a head-guard, so I guess he tousled my helmet)... I think he was trying to make me feel better because I looked really disappointed. I guess it helped a little.... A few minutes later Paulette asked to get a drink of water, which left me and Max. I was unsure of what to do; I didn't want to disobey my instructor, but I wanted to spar with Max. It was decided for me when Max pulled me around by my hogu (chest protector) and started sparring. It was really fun, and I got a few good kicks in (I actually kicked him really hard in the butt by accident)! Heehee! Mr. Coleman stopped that match early and paired me up with Blakely and Jessica (both are probably 12 or 13). I couldn't tell if he was mad at me or not... Next we all sat on the side and had a couple of single matches with referees and judges, like in a tournament. I sparred with Blakely and won, 3-2. It was a good match and I really enjoy sparring with her. After class, I was trying not to look Mr. Coleman in the eye, because I was afraid that he was mad at me for sparring Max after he told me I couldn't. But he acted normal and said goodbye to me and everything (I was expecting a strict lecture about "obeying your instructor")! So that's my story for today... Yep... Goodnight!

No comments: