Tuesday, September 27, 2005

In Which I Complain like a Little Kid

Why do I have to be so short?! I get so frustrated sometimes in class, when I'm not allowed to pair with someone of my rank just because I'm smaller. Tonight especially; Brian, Adam, and Jarrell were the adults in class, and when we paired up for sparring drills I got put with a 7 year old. Goody goody. I can understand that Mr. Coleman didn't have a choice with that, because no one else his size had any sparring gear, but when we switched to self-defense (where sparring gear is not needed) Mr. Coleman kept me with him. Even though there were several kids his size, I had to stay with him. And guess what I got to do while Brian, Adam, and Jarrell worked on advanced self-defense. I got to block, and punch. Block, and punch. Over and over and over and over. I didn't even get sweaty. Arrrghhh, I just can't describe what I'm feeling right now. I want to talk to Mr. Coleman about it, but at the same time I'm afraid that he won't hear me out. Maybe I should give him the url to my blog so I can tell him indirectly...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey TKDrocker--I'm finally getting round to reading your blog!

I am interested that you only pair up with people your size. Actually I would kinda like that now and then. Last time I sparred, it was with two 6' tall men (I am 5'3" and 106# soaking wet), then with a teenaged boy, then with an 8 year old (finally someone shorter than me.

I find it tricky to spend so much time sparring against tall opponents.

We are ITF school. Maybe that makes a difference.

I started a strand about this on the karateforums.com Korean Martial arts page. You might take a look at it . . .

taekwondomom