Monday, February 12, 2007

Uniforms

When I do my nunchaku kata in my normal uniform, the sleeves always get in the way, so I tend to practice in a tank top or t-shirt. I found a few "non-traditional" uniforms online that I really like. I'm leaning towards this top: http://www.centuryfitness.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&productId=79803&langId=-1&product_parentId=13953&crumb=13501&categoryId=13953&parent_category_rn=13502
with these pants: http://www.centuryfitness.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&productId=79818&langId=-1&crumb=13501&categoryId=13953&parent_category_rn=13502
I like the pants because they have a special fabric on the sides that you can use to wipe sweat off you're hands (so my nunchaku don't go flying out of my hands) and even a special pocket that holds most nunchaku.
I'm going to show them to Mr. Coleman tonight and I hope he's open to the whole non-traditional thing. Still haven't thought of a name for my kata.... I need to find one word that encompasses the entire form...

2 comments:

taekwondomom said...

I have a similar problem with sleeves getting in my way--they seem too long! I need a size 2 jacket and size 3 pants.

Do you get to choose your workout uniform? Does everyone get to, or just those of you who are black belts?

TKD Rocker said...

Underbelts usually just get the standard v-neck uniform from Century, but some of the higher belts who are committed to tkd longterm have invested in some lighter, more breathable uniforms. Black belts usually go with the lighter uniforms and they have the black neck - mine also has taekwondo written down one of the legs and arms. Personally, I feel like most of the tops are restrictive, so whenever I have a private lesson, I just use a tank top or t-shirt. I showed Mr. Coleman the uniforms I was looking at, and he said he'd "have to think about it". So keep your fingers crossed! :D Congrats again on your black belt, and happy birthday!!!