Sunday, February 11, 2007

Kata

Saturday I had a private lesson with Mr. Coleman and we really started working on my nunchaku kata. It improved so much within just 40 minutes of tweaking and making adjustments. I'm beginning to feel a little more confidence about competing in the Battle of Atlanta - I don't know if I'll place, but at least I won't look like a fool! Mr. Coleman said that I need to think of a name for it. We're calling it "Independence" right now, just so I can practice my introduction to the judges, but I'm trying to think of a name that reflects the story that the kata tells. Because that's what a kata really is - it's a story. The only way I can describe it is, "explosive". There are a lot of loud kiyaps and rapid strikes. If anyone has any ideas for a name, please post it! TKD mom, I'll try to e-mail you a video I took of me doing the kata, so you can see it and get a better idea of what name would fit it.
In other news, I went to the job fair at a new film production studio about 15 minutes from my house on Saturday and interviewed for an internship and a position as an actor. I got to talk with the director/not sure what his title is, and he was really nice - he's an actor himself. And I met the Studio Manager - they all wanted to hear my Gollum voice after reading my resume and seeing that I played him in The Hobbit. I think/hope I made a good impression. On my way out, I heard one of the interns saying to them, "Yeah, she's good!" I'm supposed to hear back from them soon, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

taekwondomom said...

Hello TKD Rocker!
Thanks so much for all your posts and encouragement over these past few months. It's been a tough winter. Actually, it's been good to have TKD, even thought it's also been tough.

I'm glad you're writing more on your blog. It's great to read about your goals and activities! I wish you all the best on them: the UBBT, the acting job, college applications, your Kata, your work for Invisible Children . . . wow.

Yes, I'd love to see your Kata. I totally agree that forms tell stories--I just said that to Ms. Pryor the other night. She agreed, but reminded me that they are stories about fights, not really my favorite kind of story, but oh well!

Keep on rockin.