Thursday, October 08, 2009

Loss

I realize I haven't posted anything in over two years, but this needs to be said. On the night of August 14, 2009, one of our beloved instructors, Paulette Swing, was in a motorcycle accident. The driver died at the scene - Paulette was airlifted to the hospital and she passed from this world on the morning of August 15, 2009.
Paulette was a beautiful woman - Passionate about martial arts and her students. I am lucky to have known her, not only as an instructor and a fellow student, but as a friend as well.
My heart goes out to her teenage son - I can't imagine what he is going through and will carry with him for the rest of his life.
Two months later, it still doesn't seem real. As if she's just on an extended vacation - not really gone. Every day, I am reminded of her in some way, shape, or form. I cherish the years that I was able to spend with her, and will carry her in my heart for as long as I live.

R.I.P. Paulette Swing. I love you and miss you.

No comments: