Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Scare

I had a little bit of a scare today. I was the first one to the dojang today, and on my way in I was approached by a guy with a cardboard box shouting, "Hey, you want free stuff?" I backed up and kept my hands up and open (non-aggressive, defense posture) just like we're taught in class, but I had no idea what was in that box. Worst case scenario, I thought he might have had a gun or knife in there. Thankfully, he pulled out an apron and some grilling utensils and tried to sell them to me. When I told him I didn't have any money, he got into a car that had been driving up and down the street and they drove away. I was a little shaken, but fine. That's the closest I've ever come to having to use self-defense and I hope I never have to!
Class tonight was great - I partnered with Siddu and Rodney which was a lot of fun. We worked on wrist locks tonight. After class, Rodney told me that I was the "strongest little girl he'd ever met." I told him that he was the strongest little man (he's fairly short) that I'd ever met. He laughed, and said, "Somehow it doesn't sound the same when you say it to me!"
My fake tattoo was a big hit at TKD. Everyone thought that it was real, which I found funny. As if I would ever get a tattoo of a dragon on the side of my neck! You could tell by the adults' responses which ones were parents. They were the ones who said, "Pamela Plant, that better not be real!"
Mr. Coleman's (50th) birthday was on Sunday, so we threw him a party yesterday. One of our parents makes cakes for a living, so she baked a cake for him and we all hung out and socialized after class for awhile. It was nice...
Exams are this week, so I should get back to studying. :(

No comments: