Monday, October 23, 2006

My Own Black Belt Challenge

Mr. Coleman and I both agreed that it would be better not to participate in the Ultimate Black Belt Test, so I came up with a "challenge" of my own. It incorporates aspects of the UBBT, but I've added my personal touches as well. So this is it:
Over the course of one year, I will…
Ten Goals:
Submit a set of written and specific goals that I plan to accomplish.

Weekly Journaling:
Make a weekly post on my TKD Blog (http://tkdrocker.blogspot.com/).

Push Ups and Crunches:
Complete 52,000 (minimum) push ups and crunches.

Sparring:
Complete 500 rounds of sparring (stand up and/or ground fighting).

Aikido Training:
Complete 75 hours of Aikido training – Become proficient.

Grappling:
Complete 50 hours training in a grappling art.

Form Requirements:
Complete 1000 (minimum) repetitions of Taebaek.

Self-Defense Training:
Train in a reality-based self-defense program.

Kendo/Kobudo:
Become proficient in Kendo or train under Kyoshi Vic Coffin in Kobudo.

Boxing Requirements:
Complete 20 hours of boxing or Muay Thai.

Reading Requirements:
Read 5 or more books pertaining to management or philosophy, motivation or enlightenment.

Food:
Eat healthy and nutritious foods – avoid sweets.

Empathy Training:
Go one full day of living in a wheelchair, one full day blind, and one full day mute.

Walk or Run 1000 Miles:
Walk/run a minimum of 1000 miles.

Acts of Kindness and Compassion:
Perform and log 350 acts of kindness and compassion.

As you can see, I'll be making a weekly post here to let you know my progress.
As of today (October 23), here is a report:
Pushups: 1,817
Situps: 2,190
Miles: 44
Form Reps: 10
Sparring Matches: 4
Acts of Kindness: 35

I really need to get back on track with the daily pushups/situps, and make it a point to walk more than usual. And I need to do my form more often. I'll go through a spell of about a week or so when I wake up early every morning to do my pushups/situps, then I'll just start to slack off during the weekend, and I'll be too tired to do them, and it all goes downhill from there. So I'm going to try to get to sleep by at least 10:30 every night so I'm not quite so tired in the mornings. Peace to you all!

No comments: